Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Accessing Library Databases from Home
Whether you live locally or far away, you can access library databases from home. Here are a couple of tips to get you started.
- Always go to the databases from the library's website. You can use either the U-Search or Databases tab to begin your search.
- Do not try to access a database from an Internet search. For example: do not open Google and search for the database JSTOR.
- Unfortunately, the database cannot recognize you as an authorized user unless you go through the library's website.
- Use your Angelo State University username and password to log in to U-Search and the databases.
If you experience any difficulty accessing the databases, please use the troubleshooting guide below and contact us if your problem continues.
Troubleshooting Access Problems
If you are experiencing problems accessing the library's databases, this page will help you correct the most common issues.
Please follow the steps and contact us for further assistance if you continue to experience any difficulties accessing databases from off campus.
1. How did you get to the database?
Did you use the library’s homepage?
Did you do an internet search, or use a link from somewhere else? Access to the databases needs to come from the library’s website.
- Please open a new browser tab or window and enter the library's web address (https://www.angelo.edu/library) directly into your address bar. Then try to access the databases again.
2. Have you logged into the database?
When you click on a database link, you should see a login screen. Use your ASU login credentials (the same username and password as used to access Blackboard, RamPort, and your ASU email account).
- If you did not access the database from the library’s website, please follow Step 1 and login when prompted.
- If you are unsure what your ASU username and password are, please contact the IT Service Center at (866) 942-2911.
3. If you are still not connecting to the databases, try clearing your browser's cookies and cache.
4. Are you trying to access the databases from work?
- You may be behind a security firewall that is blocking database access. You would need to contact your network administrator at work for a solution.
5. Still not getting into the databases? It’s time to contact the library.
- Please make a detailed description of the problem you are encountering. The more information you can provide helps us help you! If there is an error message or other notification on the screen, take a picture or write it down exactly as it appears on the screen, word for word. If you are experiencing a different problem, please be prepared to explain what is happening in detail.
- When the library is open: please contact us at (325) 942-2222. After hours, please send an email to email@example.com with a description of your problem (include screenshots if you can) and your preferred method of contact (phone number or ASU email).
Ask a Librarian
Library staff is currently providing research assistance remotely via email during the following hours of operation:
- Mon-Thur: 7:30.a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Fri: 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sun: 12 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Please use the email below to submit your research questions.