1. Load the selected microfilm.
2. Turn on microfilm machine.
3. Select the PowerScan program on the desktop.
4. Use the Motorized film control to move microfilm forward or reverse.
5. Drag the green corners to resize the capture window on where you want to scan.
6. Adjust the zoom, brightness, tilt, and contrast of the article, if needed. For more information on these tools, check out the guide next to the machine.
7. Plug in USB drive to USB port.
8. Select Scan to Drive #2 to select USB drive (can save as a PDF, JPEG, TIFF, etc.).
9. Roll up microfilm.
10. Unplug USB drive from computer.
11. Turn off microfilm machine.
12. Exit out of PowerScan program.
13. Place microfilm in box when you are finished.